A COMPLETE SYSTEM FOR HYDROCARBON CAPTURE & CONTAINMENT
C.I.Agent® Hydrocarbon Flow Filter (HFF), aka oil stop valve, is a versatile device that filters and processes water removing hydrocarbons to a non-detectable level which have been independently tested and proven. The HFF is constructed from a non-woven, geotextile fabric in combination with C.I.Agent®, a proprietary blend of USDA food grade polymers. The C.I.Agent® Granules are capable of encapsulating and capturing all organic hydrocarbons such as sheen, petrol, diesel, refined oils and more. The C.I.Agent® HFF allows water to flow through as it removes and captures hydrocarbons including most volatile organic compounds. In the event of a major release, the HFF automatically shuts off the flow to contain the hydrocarbon providing a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution for your secondary containment needs. Each C.I.Agent® HFF can be designed for the site specific applications.
All filters come with 100mm male or female or flange fittings to suit standard or multi-stage connection capabilities. This provides the option for both fixed and portable applications.
Enzymex has an industry solution in the management of hydrocarbons to meet environmental standards. Consultive process delivers solutions in management and filtration. Scientific breakthrough polymer technology.
Enzymex website offers further information on the advanced polymer technology and the product range developed from this scientific breakthrough. Case studies with CIAgent in the Field illustrates the working products at their best.
All secondary containment fixed and portable bund systems would normal incorporate some kind of drainage system to evacuate and treat waste water. The C.I.Agent® HFF is ideal for this application as it filters and processes water removing hydrocarbons to a non-detectable level and also shut off all flow in the event of a hydrocarbon failure. C.I.Agent® HFF is currently being used in the following applications:
- Storm drain inserts
- Electrical substations
- Storm water run-off
- Bulk storage tank farms rain water out-falls
- Contaminated cooling tower water
- Retention pond out-flows
- Oil-water separator out-falls
Environmental solutions for hydrocarbon containment
- Filters all organic hydrocarbons to <5ppm; most will be at non-detectable levels
- Removes sheen, petrol, diesel, refined oils, and other volatile organic compounds
- Low maintenance required when used with a reusable pre-filter to catch debris, silt, dirt, paper, limbs, etc.
- Will not drip or leach out
- It is important the pre-filters are kept clean as they protect and extend the life of the main filters from silt and other solids which can reduce the effective flow of the main HFF.
- Pre-filters should be checked and cleaned initially 3 monthly which may need to be varied depending on the condition of the filters. They should be changed at least annually.
- Access to the Pre-filter is through the Upper Filter Inspection Housing by removing the top inspection cover, reaching in and removing the filter. DO NOT LEAVE THE PREFILTER OUT.
- The HFF is replaced and supplied as a complete unit including the fixed screw cap and pre-filter.
- Spare or replacement filters are available through CI Agent Solutions.
Certain detergents can affect the operation of the polymer filters and should not be used or run through the filters.
Industry solutions are broad in application and Enzymex offers consulting and engineer design services to deliver specific purpose driven requirements. Contact Enzymex to discuss hydrocarbon management solutions.